Wednesday, November 14, 2012


Asana Practice Week Thirteen

I am really enjoying the fact that we are getting to the point in class where we know have enough yoga knowledge to suggest poses we like. It’s a new level of the class where I have to actually to try to remember the names of poses so I can recall them in practice. More importantly, I want to remember them so I can say them in front of my friends and pretend to be a Yoga/Hindu scholar. Suggesting poses in class also makes me think about which poses I would like to try everyday and focus on improving (so far they are Baddha Hastasana and Vasistasana). 

I am glad that we have also been practicing how to order a set of poses because it is so intimidating to try to do yoga on your own! I usually just do a few isolated poses that I really like, or more often, remember from class. It is a big step to move from that to creating a cohesive set! Thankfully, I wrote down the order of our first “custom” session so I will probably stick to that until I get better at creating “custom” sets on my own. In the meantime, I will be encouraged by the progress of Baddha Hastasana and Vasistasana. 

1 comment:

  1. I also want to improve on baddha hastasana. That one is really difficult for me!

    ReplyDelete